Welcome to the Lady Bullpup FAMILY!
Hi! My name is Laurie Aubin, and I am the new Girl's Athletic Coordinator at La Porte Junior High. I am extremely excited to be joining this amazing group of coaches, teachers, and administrators this season. I have been a Head Track & Cross Country Coach at the high school level for over 6 years, and a Head Volleyball Coach for 1 year. I have 15 years of teaching experience in biology, aquatic science, outdoor education, and physical education. I am coming to La Porte Junior High level with a wealth of knowledge and I am eager to share it with your children. I have been married for 22 years to my amazing husband Chad. Together we have an 18 year old son named Cory who will be a senior graduating from Deer Park High School this Spring (Yeah!!!!), and a 12 year old daughter named Zoe who will be in the 7th grade at Fairmont Junior High. In college, I attended Texas State University on a volleyball scholarship where we won the Southland Conference Championship my freshman year! My bachelors degree is in Biological Science. I am looking forward to getting to know each of you, and I can't wait to hit the gym floor to start building some new traditions here at LPJH.
My 5 Coaching Core Values are:
1. Relentless Effort-This above talent is the key to achieving great things in life! My goal is that nobody will play harder than us!
2. Competitive Excellence- The best "game players" are the best "practicers". Always give 100% even when no one is looking!
3. Uncommon Commitment-Uncommon results require uncommon commitment. Set yourself apart from what the world tells us is right or normal. Never miss an opportunity to get better. Be the first one on the court and the last one to leave.
4. Unwavering Accountability-This is the glue that ties commitment to the result. Love your teammates enough to hold them accountable for their actions.
5. Exceptional Toughness-Mental, physical, and emotional toughness. Tough People Win!
Assistant Coaches bios coming soon!
All PE students and Athletes must purchase a uniform. It is approximately $20.00. This includes a dri-fit t-shirt and shorts. These two items may be purchased on our online store. You may purchase one set or multiple sets to reduce washing time. There are also sweats and a drawstring bag which are optional. This online store will open July 15th and close August 1st.
Follow us on Twitter: @LadyLpjh